Search & Win

Momentous Monday

>> Monday, April 26, 2010


We spent our Sunday morning a lot different than most probably did. We were having roller coaster rides......in our house.

Saturday we had the threat for tornados, so we had a crib mattress downstairs to cover up with, just in case. I guess while my husband was taking the mattress back upstairs he had the bright idea of riding it down the stairs.

I was enjoying a cup of coffee before we had to leave for church, and I see my daughter fly down the stairs on the mattress. Yes, my husband was holding onto the mattress to make sure it didn't get out of control. My mother-in-law was at our house. She didn't like it too much. She thinks my husband does too many dangerous things with our kids. Jazlyn sure did like it though.

Dangerous or not, it was fun. I rode it down once with Jazlyn. My husband rode it down once or twice too. If you have stairs that have carpet on them, and they are set up so you could pull it off safely, you should try it. I think we might have to ride the roller coaster again today.

Head on over to A Moment Cherished to read more Momentous Mondays from others.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Marcelle April 26, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Your hubby sounds like my son...does crazy things with the kids while I cover my eyes and pray all will be safe.
I think we women get like this as we get older, we see the danger in most things as we've seen, read or watched how silly things have changes people's lives.
For example...a boy of 18 walked down stairs on Friday night, tripped and feel down...he died...freak accident...
So forgive your MIL...she loves you and doesn't want anything to happen to her gorgeous grandchildren.

Glad you had fun anyway...leave the worrying to us oldies!!

Knittingknutty April 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

That sounds like so much fun!!!

Caroline April 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

I love things like that.
Caroline

sharon April 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

Did Zae Zae not get a turn! If I had been there I probably would have freaked out too! But I know Jazzy was loving it!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life April 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Ha! I love it!!!! My husband is like that....I'm always cringing! I was raised by a single mom, so I'm not used to rough and tumble boy kind of playing. I'm learning to just smile and laugh though, because apparently it's quite normal (and fun!)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP