Search & Win

My Mom is Superwoman

>> Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Or maybe she is just healthy.

Once I became a mom I thought my mom was Superwoman. While I was growing up, she worked a full time job, cooked our meals, and kept the house neat and tidy, while running me to and from multiple practices and games during the week. Once I had Jazlyn I always wondered how in the world she had the energy to do everything she did.

Now I finally understand. She takes care of herself. She is not a health nut (no offense to health nuts), but she exercises and drinks water. Very basic things that have a great effect on the way you feel. The better you feel, the more you can do.

I started exercising last year. I have in no way been consistent with it. I sometimes go a week (or a month) with no exercise, but so far I have picked it back up again every time. I have mostly been doing Wii Active. On average I probably do it once or twice a week. I know there is room for improvement, but my kids don't mind me not doing it everyday.

I also started drinking more water. The only beverage that I buy for our house is fruit juice. Sometimes on the weekend I will pick up a two liter of some kind of coke. (In case you're not from the south, coke means any carbonated beverage.) When we are out I will also drink a coke, but water is the main liquid going down my throat.

The last change I made is I started taking a multi-vitamin everyday. Or maybe not everyday. I have a hard time remembering it sometimes.

In the past year I have lost around forty pounds. I have not changed my eating habits very much. I do eat a little more fruits and vegetables than I used to, but I still eat a lot of unhealthy stuff. For the most part, exercising sometimes and drinking water has done the trick. I have more energy and feel so much better than I have in years.

I'm so glad I figured out how to be Superwoman.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Knittingknutty April 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Isn't it AMAZING how much better drinking a little water can make you feel. When I do drink it I feel wonderful. (I do love my StarBucks Doubleshot)But I am trying very hard.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP