Search & Win

Seasons of Life

>> Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Everyone goes through different seasons during their lifetime. Some are in grade school, some in college. Some are expecting their first child, some have already raised theirs. Some are just starting their first job, while others are retired. The list could go on and on.

I'm loving this season in my life. There is never a dull moment with two small children in the house. Something I'm learning with two small children though is that a tidy house at all times is just not going to happen. I'm slowly learning to get balanced in this area. I have always freaked out if someone unexpectedly came over and there were toys all strewn out throughout the house. I'm learning to accept the fact that during this season in my life, there are going to be toys everywhere. If I picked up Isaiah's blocks every time he dumped them out, my family would starve. Ok maybe it wouldn't go quite that far, but you get my point. So if I know you in "real life" and you plan on paying me a visit any time soon, you have been forewarned. If their are toys everywhere when I find out you are coming, the toys are still going to be there when you arrive.

Another thing I am learning about this season of my life is that I need to enjoy and cherish it more. Jazlyn is starting school this fall so pretty soon we won't be able to spend the whole day together. *Sniff, sniff.* Before I know it, Isaiah will be the one going off to school. I know I need to spend more quality time with them while I can. In honor of quality time I might not post as much anymore. I know you are disappointed, but I am giving myself a rule. I am not getting on the computer anymore unless it is bedtime or naptime. If my kids are awake then I want them to have my attention. Someday they might not want my attention as much as they do now.
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Prudent Homemaker February 24, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

It's hard when you just have 2 little ones. I have 5 small children, and though they make more messes than 2 little ones, they are also able to help clean up more now as well. Perhaps having your 4-year-old help clean up a few times a day would be a great blessing to you. I like clean-up times to be before meal times. Three a day can be important! The last one is before dinner/before your husband gets home. Your 4-year-old can help set the table as well during that time.

You mentioned on Money Saving Mom that you were looking for a schedule. I love the book Managers of Their Homes. You can find it here:

http://www.titus2.com/ecommerce/products/prod_listing.php/1100

This book has been a great blessing to me.

Shannon K. February 24, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Two things. One, you should go search my blog for a post titled "Rubber balls...with pictures." Just do it, don't ask...you will understand.

Second, I absolutely need to give myself the same rule. I have been trying, but find that I still sneak on here or there. You have inspired me to try harder.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP