Search & Win

Why God Why?

>> Sunday, February 21, 2010

My heart is heavy tonight. We visited a couple who have been married for almost three years. Last year their first child, a son, only lived for a few hours before going to heaven. This is a loving, sweet couple who love the Lord. They desperately want kids. It's not fair that children are born everyday to parents who don't even want them. Then this couple, who would have been are going to be great parents, had such a small amount of time with their son. It doesn't make sense.

I don't think I have ever shared this on my blog. Before Isaiah was born, we lost a baby when I was ten weeks pregnant. That was one of the most painful things I have ever gone through. Even as I look back now I don't understand why God let that happen to us. I do know, however, that there was a reason for our suffering. Maybe we will know what that reason was before we die. Maybe not. I questioned God then more than I ever have. I still trusted Him and believed in Him, but I wanted answers. I wanted God to tell me why He let that happen. He never did tell me. All He told me was to trust Him.

I know that God's ways are incomprehensible to us, and I know that Jeremiah 29:11 is true. I know that God always wants what is best for us. What we think is best isn't always what He thinks is best at the time. I don't understand why God won't give this couple a baby now. I guess it's not my place to know. It's my place to pray and trust Him.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Momof3inVA February 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

I am sorry for your loss and for your friend's loss!

This is always a question that I don't think any of us have an answer for...I certainly don't think God picks and chooses who endures such pain in their life...sometimes human biology comes into play.

But, what I do believe I know is that when we turn to God to let it all out, and glorify Him even when things are hard, is what is truly His desire.

I have always found refunge in the story of Job...Boy, that one gets me every time. How amazing to think that given everything he went through, he still loved and followed and trusted God.

((HUGS))

Christy February 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Praying for your friends as they grieve the loss of their precious baby. My daughter died at the age of 2 from AML leukemia, it's been almost 10 years this May and although I do not understand it, I'd NEVER want her to leave Heaven and join me back on this earth. Why GOD allows bad things to happen, to me it's to draw us closer to him, depend on HIM more, and ourselves and other humans less. As humans the loss of a child is not something we can ever justify in our minds, and I don't believe GOD wants us to justify such horrendous loss...he just wants us to seek him, look to him for comfort, and know HE IS GOD.

I pray your friends know the Lord and will seek him through their heartache, there's nothing worse than losing your child other than not knowing Jesus as our Lord. I pray they will be surrounded by people who are loving, gentle, and patient and who understand that grief has NO TIME TABLE, that for some they are in the depths of it for a few months, while others it takes years to go through.

Jen February 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Thanks for visiting my blog! You kiddos are precious! And War Eagle!

Melissa February 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. :)

So Who Is The Crayon Wrangler? February 22, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

I don't think I could have said it any better than your previous comments.
I am sorry for your loss and sorry for the loss of your friends.
I pray that God will give them a peace and open heart for His next blessing.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP