Search & Win

Busy Mom's Bible

>> Friday, March 26, 2010

Zondervan recently sent me a copy of their Busy Mom's Bible. I absolutely love it. It truly is perfect for busy moms. What mom isn't busy? Plus, it is also the custest bible ever, which doesn't hurt either. Jazlyn calls it my pretty Bible.

The Bible has thirteen colored pages throughout. On each of these colored pages are four sections about one topic. There are fifty-two sections so you can do one a week. Each section starts with a devotional, which it lists as taking one minute of your time. Then there is a reflect and pray part that should take about five minutes. After that it points you to the study index in the back of the Bible, which lists additional scriptures pertaining to the topic. The study section should take about ten minutes.

Some of the different topics discussed on the pretty colored pages are marriage, raising your kids, emotions, and God's love for you. There is also a concordance. My last Bible didn't have a concordance so it is nice to have one again. Wait, there's even more! After the study index in the back, there are two pages titled 5 Minutes Reading About Jesus and 5 Minutes Reading About the Women of the Bibile. It lists different topics about both on each page and goes through all of the scriptures related to each topic. I love how this Bible breaks down how many minutes each part will take. There are even some maps included. I told you it was a great Bible!

My only itsy bitsy complaint is that it is the NIV translation. I personally like the New King James. I'm not sure if the Busy Mom's Bible is available in different versions or not. I would still buy one if it is only available in the NIV, because I can always reference back to my other Bible if I wanted to. The way this Bible is broken down makes it totally worth it. The Busy Mom's Bible makes it so easy to not just read the Bible, but study it, even if all I have is a few minutes.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown March 26, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Hi Melissa

Thanks for stopping by.. I'm Glad you enjoyed the post- God is good :)

So your doing the Shred right now, how long you've been doing it?

Melissa March 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

No I'm not doing the Shred. I've been doing Wii Active and love it. Although I've heard great things about the Shred and P90X.

The Rigelsky Family March 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

OOOOOOOOH I want one. Is it coveting if it's a Bible?

Laura March 30, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

Embarrassing confession: I totally have that bible, and no I'm not a mom...not even close to being one :) I had to get a new Bible for school where I could highlight it and turn it in. This was the cutest one I found and I figured that hopefully I'll be able to use it one day as a mom! I love the section in the back of the book that is split into certain topics. Extremely useful!!!!

:)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP