Search & Win

Flesh vs Spirit

>> Thursday, March 18, 2010

Galatians 5:19-21 tells us that the works of the flesh are adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like.

Am I guilty of some of these sometimes? Yes.

Galatians 5:22-23 tells us that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Do these words describe how I always act? No.

How do I stay away from the works of the flesh and make the fruit of the Spirit evident in my life? I need to watch what is going on in my mind.

Romans 8:5-6 says For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

When I wake up in the morning am I thanking God for another day or am I worrying about what I'm going to eat for breakfast?

When it is the end of a busy day will I choose to watch television or will I read my Bible and pray?

If I never spiritually feed my mind, then it will be evident in my actions. If I notice Chuck (my hubby) still hasn't taken out the trash like I asked him to, and I just got done praying, then I am more likely to respond with a kind and gentle word instead of an outburst of wrath.

Balance is they key here. I can't go a whole day without a single thought of God and expect to treat others the way I should. Being out of balance in this area has a negative effect on my relationships. Balance is what I need because God has let some special people be a part of my life.

Just in case you didn't know the exciting news, tomorrow is my birthday! Therefore, I am open to any love or kind words you might have for me. :-)
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown March 19, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Happy Birthday Miss Melissa. Enjoy celebrating your entrance to the world with those you love. I hope this year is meaningful and rich, full of God's blessings in your life.

Becky March 19, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Happy Birthday Melissa! It was great seeing you yesterday!

Melissa March 19, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

It was good to see y'all too Becky!

La Familia Garcia March 24, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

I thought I'd stop by and check out your blog! I love this post. I'm so thankful to God that his mercies are new every morning!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP