Search & Win

I Don't Feel Like It

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

I feel like I'm in a rut. I'm not sure how to get out. Actually I do know how to get out, but I don't feel like it.

I don't feel like cleaning my house.

I don't feel like teaching Jazlyn anything.

I don't feel like doing the dishes.

I don't feel like cooking.

I don't feel like picking up toys.

I don't feel like praying.

I don't feel like reading spiritual stuff.

I don't feel like spending time with God.

That last sentence is my real problem, letting my feelings dictate what I do. I need God in my life. If he's not a priority in my life then I get in a rut. I need that fellowship with him to be a good wife and mother. Sometimes it seems like it is just easier not to take the time to read my Bible. Sometimes it seems like it is easier not to to take the time to pray, and instead just go about my day.

That's when the rut comes. Every time I begin to feel this way, it is the same reason behind the cause of it. God speaks to us everyday. If we are too "busy," or just don't feel like hearing from Him, we become more and more distant from the One we need most. This results in the rut. So....

I don't feel like praying, but I'm going to.

I don't feel like reading the Word, but I'm going to.

I don't feel like communing with God, but I'm going to.

Nehemiah 8:10 says "For the joy of the Lord is your strength." Fellowship with God brings joy. Joy brings strength. If I spend time with Him, even though I don't feel like it, He will give me strength to get through the day.

Is there anyone else that can relate to being in this rut?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Shannon K. March 4, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Good for you! I mean about doing what you know is right vs. taking the easy way out. My husband has this motto that they used a lot while at Westpoint "Choose the harder right over the easier wrong." So simple, yet so hard to always live by.

Lisa March 5, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

Absolutely! I posted something similar the other day. It's definitely a conscience decision each day to spend time with the Lord. I'll be praying that He gives you an intense desire to get alone with Him and receive the strength you need for everything else.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP