Search & Win

High School Reunion

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It is time for it. My first high school reunion. I'm sure everyone says this, but it is hard to believe that it has been ten years. I'm am completely torn as to whether or not I want to go. There are many reasons I can think of as to why we shouldn't go.

First off, the price is $100. That includes my whole family going to a catered picnic at a park and then a cocktail party/dinner that night for my husband and me. I'm a frugal person now and that seems like a lot for one day's events.

Second con: I've kept in touch with about one person all these years. I played sports and was part of the "in crowd," but I got too wild for a lot of my friends, then I became too tame for the ones that were left. I am a completely different person than I was in high school, and I think it might be wierd to be around all of them again.

Third con: Cocktail party means alcohol. I'm sure if we went we would be one of a handful of couples not partaking in the alcoholic beverages. Being the only sober person around a lot of drunk people is not always enjoyable.

Did I mention the cost is one hundred dollars?

Now the one reason I do want to go is regret. I'm scared I will regret it if I don't go. I will look on Facebook and see all the pictures and wonder if I made the right decision.

A date night with my hubby wouldn't be so bad either.

Can someone please flip a coin for me and tell me whether or not I should go? Thanks.

Also, please leave a comment and let me know your experiences (or lack thereof) of your high school reunion and why you chose to go or not. I would love to hear what you have to say!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Murdock's mama March 23, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

I didn't want to go to my 5 year [my hubby was out of town] but was in town that weekend [visiting my parents] and a few friends stopped by & made me go. I am so glad I did because we has a BLAST! Although...$100 is a lot! We just went golfing & grilled. Such a hard decision to make! I am sure many people you graduated with have calmed down & changed themselves.. Let us know what you decide! :)

Becky March 24, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Go! You will regret it if you don't.

Margaret March 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

I didn't go to my 5 year reunion and I don't regret it at all. In fact I don't know that I am going to go to any of them. I hate high school and have no desire to see the people again.

La Familia Garcia March 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

If you choose to not go, you can always catch up with people on facebook!
By the way, your kids are too cute! I think you might have to go to your reunion just to show them off!! haha!

Becky March 25, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

Melissa SOOOO wishes this was her 5 year reunion!

Ronna March 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

It is almost time for my 20! Yikes-thanks for the reminder :) I think you should go. You are a good example of a great Christian wife & mom...who knows who you might inspire or uplift? God might use you to touch someone or you might just have a fun date night...either way you can't lose and $100 every decade isn't so bad. <3

Anonymous,  March 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

I haven't gone to any of mine and I really regret it. I have always wanted to go but either haven't had the money or something else came up. So I think you should go! Life is short and you need to live for today!! You will have fun!
Julie

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP