Search & Win

Another baby

>> Friday, January 22, 2010

No, I'm not pregnant, but I am contemplating the idea of adding another baby to our family. There are so many things running through my head concerning this I really don't know where to start.

I am supposed to start grad school this fall. Grad school and pregnancy don't seem like a good mix. I'm not working right now and I don't want any of our kids in daycare, so on the other hand now would be a good time to have another one. Then there is the medical bills that would come from having the baby. Those wouldn't fit into our one income budget. I always wanted to have our children close in age so they can be best friends, but being pregnant while chasing around a very active toddler doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Especially while I am studying, cleaning house, taking Jazlyn to and from school, and taking care of my husband. God would have to give me the grace to handle all of that if another baby is what He wants for our family.

Babies are a blessing. I know that because the Bible tells me so. My husband wants twelve kids. No really, twelve. I'm not too fond of that idea. I've always said that three is my absolute limit. I know I'm not really the one that controls whether or not we have more kids, but I can at least know what I want. We were talking with some friends one night about how God probably laughs at us when we make "our" plans concerning how many children we have and when.

I do have the desire right now to have another child though. That desire could have come from God because it is His will, or it could just be my own desire that is a million miles away from what God wants for us right now. Maybe I should talk to the One who created the earth and find out what He thinks. I'll let ya'll know what He says.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Helga January 22, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

I wish I could add another baby to our mix :o( Maybe one day I will get my dream come true of adopting a little girl! Good luck and I can't wait to find out the outcome of this situation :o)

Melissa January 22, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

I hope everything works our for you Helga. We have always talked about adopting someday.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP