Search & Win

He Knows

>> Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I had a "revelation" recently. It came from a scripture that I have heard many, many times. It is something that I already knew, but I just didn't "get" yet. Does that make sense? Good. I thought it did. It is a very simple scripture, but it just recently took on new meaning in my life.

1 Samuel 16:7 says that "man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” I have always known that God knows everything about us, because He knows everything in the world, etc., but it really hit me that He knows everything. He knows every little thought that goes through my mind and every word that I speak, even when no one else is around. When my husband leaves his dirty clothes in the middle of the floor, and I want to knock him upside his head (not that I would really think that or anything), He knows. When Jazlyn knocks her drink over at the table, and I get upset with her for doing that again, He knows. When our neighbor knocks over our trash can, and I think of ways for revenge, He knows. When a friend gets the nice house that I've been wanting, and I get jealous instead of being happy for her, He knows. If I do something nice for someone just so that someone else will notice how nice I am, instead of doing it out of pure love, He knows. God. Knows. Everything. 

So I have been doing some heart examining, since I am now realizing that God know what's in there. If you want to know what is in your heart, then listen to what you are saying. Matthew 12:34 says "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Sometimes I am not as patient with my family as I should be, and I say things that aren't exactly pleasant. This day and going forward I am paying attention to what is in my heart. I want a pure heart that is pleasing to God, all the time. I want my thoughts and the words that come out of my mouth to please Him. I'm thankful that with His help my heart can improve. I'm even more thankful that when I fall short, he is still there with open arms to get me back on track.

~Melissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP