Search & Win

My New Job is Hard

>> Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In case you are new here, my job is being a stay at home mom to my two kids, while at the same time making sure my husband is happy.

Let me clarify, to begin with, that I am not in the least bit complaining about my new job. I do still love the fact that I get to stay home with my two kids, but this is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I literally have not sat down all day except when I was nursing Isaiah and when we did Jazlyn's schoolwork. When I stopped working, I thought this was going to be a breeze. I thought it would be just like every Saturday was when I was working. Wrong.

There is an endless amount of dishes now because I cook pretty much everything we eat. I run the dishwasher at least twice a day. I know I could make that less if I would handwash something, but I do refuse. I don't want my dishwasher to think that I don't like it anymore. At least, that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

There is also an endless amount of toys. Everywhere. I find them in every space imaginable in our house. When we were away from the house five days a week, the house didn't get as messy. When I was working, if I could have the house clean by Sunday afternoon then I knew it wouldn't get too messed up during the week. Now I have to clean up the house daily.

Isaiah is spoiled. Rotten. He screams if I leave his sight. Sometimes he screams if he is not being held (like right now). If he is in a good mood I can at least put him down to do something, as long as it is in the same room. If I leave the room, he sounds like he is being tortured. Someone came over the other day and parked in the street in front of our house. She said she could hear him crying before she even got out of the car. Have I mentioned how ridiculously close the houses are in my neighborhood? So yeah, I'm pretty sure the neighbors do think he is being tortured. I'm glad they don't care.

Jazlyn is officially a teenager. That's all I have to say about that.

I do feel like I am finally getting into the groove of being a stay at home mom. The holidays messed up my routine, but I have it back now. Staying home is helping me lose weight. Booyah fat! Instead of sitting at a desk all day I am up chasing two kids around all day. It is great exercise. I might just start exercising for real and watching what I eat to get the last little bit of this weight off. The beach this summer is a good motivation for me to go ahead and start that. I'll have to check with my son first and make sure he approves since he runs things around here.

Although this life is a lot harder than I expected, I wouldn't change it for anything. Who wouldn't want to spend the whole day looking at this precious face?



I love cooking three meals a day. Ok, maybe some days it is only one meal.

I love washing dishes numerous times a day.  Ok, all I do is load and unload the dishwasher.

I love picking up two hundred sixteen toys a day. Ok, maybe only fifty-six.

I love holding Isaiah all day, while cooking, doing dishes, picking up toys, and everything else my day pertains of.

I love the conversations I have with my new teenage daughter.

I love playing Candyland and Chutes and Ladders twelve times a day.

I do love my new hard, but fun life as a stay at home mom!

On a totally unrelated note, if you notice in the pic there are lines (or whatever they are). My camera does that, but only sometimes. Anyone know what could cause that?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom January 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Please don't tell me your daugher is already "officially" a teenager... she's too young to be acting like that! You need to give another "Mother of a daughter" some hope that the teenage year won't come any earlier than they have to!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP