Search & Win

Poison Control Call #1

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Boys sure are different. I never had to call Poison Control for Jazlyn. Never. Isaiah is now 8 months old and I have made my first call to them. I say first not because I am trying to speak anything over my son, but future behavior is best predicted by past behavior.

The boy puts everything in his mouth. Everything. He also gets into everything. I mean everything. We never had any problems with Jazlyn getting into stuff. We never even completely baby proofed our house. There was no need for it. She didn't get into stuff. Isaiah is definitely making up for her lack in this department.

Isaiah got into a bin that was on the floor. This bin had a jar of vaseline in it. He managed to open the jar and put the top in his mouth. I looked down at him and he had vaseline all over his mouth. Great. I checked the labeling and sure enough it read Call Poison Control immediatley if swallowed.

Poison Control told me that I needed to keep a better eye on my son so that nothing like this happens again. Really they didn't. They did tell me that he would be fine.

Boys will be boys. I underestimated the meaning of this saying. Boys really are a lot different than girls.

I just rubbed my eye and guess what's in my eye now. Vaseline. I cleaned up Isaiah but failed to wash my own hands. Labeling reads Keep out of eyes. We're two for two for the warnings listed on the label. We're on a roll.
Photobucket


2 comments:

Gucci Mama January 12, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

I've had those days! Boys are a whole different animal.

S.I.F. January 13, 2010 at 1:56 AM  

Boys ARE so different! My best friends little guy actually fell off a chair at 2 and bit his own bottom lip off (no joke). The next day (and about 70 stiches later) it was all we could do to keep him from wrestling! You've got to love it...

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP